It is a good news that a majority of the speech and language problems could be prevented. You as a responsible parent or caregiver of the child should follow these preventive tips so as to keep speech and language disorders at bay:
- Avoid alcohol and smoking during pregnancy. According to speech therapists at a clinic for speech therapy in Kolkata, the intake of alcohol and nicotine affects the foetus, and hampers its proper development.
- Do not neglect or abuse your child. It is harmful for the child’s speech and development.
- Paediatricians and speech pathologists at renowned centres for speech therapy in Kolkata are of the opinion that breastfeeding is very important for the child till 9 months of age.
- Keep your child away from gadgets – these prevent intellectual growth of the child. Engage your child in real-life games instead, and spend as much time with him/her as possible and communicate with him/her often.
- According to speech therapists at recognised clinics for speech therapy in Kolkata, the child’s environment also contributes a lot. If a child is grown up in a chaotic surrounding or a negative atmosphere, he/she is likely to have speech or language disorders, because his/her brain is affected with negative thoughts.
Therefore, you as a responsible caregiver of your child should keep in mind the above preventive measures for speech and language disorders. You must, however, remember that there is no magical solution for preventing your child from speech and language delays or disorders, and there can be various other reasons or complexes which would lead to speech disorders. So consult a highly trained speech language pathologist at a certified clinic for speech therapy in Kolkata, in case you notice any speech disorders or speech and language delays in your child.